Friday, May 6, 2011

The Beginning

 First off, I love myself, I really do.  I'm happy with where I am in life; job, boyfriend, friends, etc.  What I'm not happy with?  My inability to climb a set of stairs without getting out of breath, afraid of not being able to fit on rides at fairs/amusement parks.  I don't care what others think about my weight.  My boyfriend loves me for who I am.  I'm tired of not being healthy.  I don't want to achieve that "skinny look".  I want that "healthy look".

Well, hi there blog world!  With all that out of the way, I figure I could tell you a bit about myself and what I plan on doing with this blog.  First things first, my name is Holly.  I'm 25 years old.  I'm still a bit miffed at being half way to 50.  It really does not feel like I've been alive that long.  Hah.  When I was younger I was a skinny, happy kid.  Around 7th grade I started to put on the weight.  I struggled all through high school with this problem.  At one point, I probably just didn't care.

Five years later (2009) and I was at my heaviest; 300 pounds.  Ick.  Not fun.  I started exercising in 2010 and managed to lose 30 pounds (or so).  I fell off the wagon, though.  I got sick with two major things within about 2 months of each other and it just threw me off.  They're excuses, of course, but really, who feels like getting up and exercising when they have bronchitis or tonsillitis?  I certainly didn't.

I'm tired of being over weight!  I'm determined to change this part of my life and start all over with my well being.  A new beginning, if you will.  I plan on going on this journey with a friend.  We sat down the other day and came up with a plan.  Exercise every day except a couple of rest days (and probably those few days we have our period...we both have pain in the butt monthlies) and watch what we eat.  We'd both eat the same things we always have (except cutting a few things out...cutting down on carbs, etc) only eating less/smaller portions.  My plan is to start taking pictures of all my meals and posting them on here.  This is me hoping that doing so, will help me start to realize how much I probably over eat and help me out with figuring out my portions.  I will post my weight every day and then maybe even progress pictures as I start to lose weight.  I also plan on taking a few measurements and posting them every now and then too (probably once a month).  Maybe eventually I'll start counting calories. It's something that helped me the first time around, so maybe it can this time too.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you the very best of luck! I totally understand how we sometimes can get off track. I do it all the time. ):
    I'll be here supporting you! Don't give up. Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet Jamie face.<3 Love you too!

    ReplyDelete